7 Things Hospital CEOs can do to Advance Their Careers
This week Becker’s Hospital Review published an article about actions that hospital CEOs can take today to help ensure their future success:
1. Get involved – this could include joining a new local or national healthcare association, which will provide you with more exposure and additional networking opportunities.
2. Embrace change – keep an open mind, even when potential opportunities seem out of the ordinary.
3. Be visible – engage employees on a personal level; and for larger organizations, consider social media as a way to remain “visible” even when you’re not physically present.
4. Delegate – learn to trust your people; you need a team effort to be successful.
5. Have free time – be sure to schedule free time if needed, especially if you are in “continuous work mode.”
6. Read – never stop learning; use reading as a way to stay in touch with ongoing developments in the healthcare industry.
7. Make tough financial decisions – don’t be afraid to “step on political landmines” in order to control costs.
You can read the entire article at Becker’s Hospital Review by visiting: http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/leadership-management/7-things-ceos-can-do-today-to-advance-their-careers.html